Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hell Poop


Having recently been betrayed on a scale that is quite large for me, I have this feeling that is somewhat new to me: revenge. I was a fucked, and I want this guy to pay for it somehow, although I see no way under law that my revenge can be enacted. 
Then I thought, "well maybe he's a sad person. Since he does so many terrible things, he must have some mental anguish, and merely the continuation of his life should be torturous enough so that I am getting my revenge." 
This is stupid though. This man has many friends, parties, laughs incessantly, and doesn't have to work very hard. It's possible that he is unhappy inside, but I think this is common generalization against nasty people that is not always true. I sincerely believe that some people are just plain nasty, and they don't regret anything nasty thing they do. It actually brings them pleasure to make others suffer and to put themselves in a "higher place" than others (this scoundrel was a self-proclaimed elitist). 
In my desperation, I began to comfort myself in knowing that he will go to Hell.
But wait a second, I don't believe in Hell at all, and I often joke that I am most certainly going there myself. But it seems I must believe this, because there is nothing lawful I can do to get back at him - I live in a peaceful society. 
So I am thinking, perhaps Hell was invented for society and law. It is just something made up to account for all the shit that happens that people know about but cannot prove. I guess in the large scheme of things, this man's injustice towards me will not hurt anyone other than myself, so it would be for the common good to just believe he's going to Hell and forget about it. Any violent action I might take against him might affect others who are innocent.
Unfortunately, I just can't believe in Hell. I don't know what I'll do about this scumbag of a person, but for now I can understand a little why some people believe in Hell, for better or for worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment